If you live or work in Santa Barbara County, you have likely benefited from the work done by UCSB's Economic Forecast Project. The Economic Forecast team puts together statistics regarding Santa Barbara County's economy and employment, and more importantly, interpret the statistics in plain language so that business owners can use the information.
This year, the 2012 Santa Barbara County Economic Summit has an especially good lineup of speakers for the event on May 3, 2012, at the beautiful Granada Theatre:
- Gillian Tett, US Managing Editor of The Financial Times
- Dennis P. Lockhart, President of the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
- Charles I. Plosser, President of the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia
- John C. Williams, President of the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco
- David E. Altig, Senior Vice President & Director of Research at the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
- Peter C. Rupert, Executive Director of the UCSB Economic Forecast Project and Chair of the UCSB Department of Economics
For more on the event, or to register, go to www.ucsb-efp.com.